Galt’s Gulch

The populace voted and elected the Marxist to 4 more years. I certainly have a hard time believing we have to endure an even worse future. We all knew this was a deciding point — would the country chose freedom or free stuff. There were enough of the “gimmies” that they chose free stuff. We are now a socialist county. There is no turning back from this because in four more years there will be even more “gimmies” for the big and ever growing government to feed. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are far better men than these people and I feel for their loss because I know how deeply they shared our belief that this could have been fixed.

I do want to say a great big thank you to all that worked so hard calling, giving, walking doors and never giving up. YOU ARE A GREAT TEAM and each a great person for trying to save our republic.

So what do we do now? Unfortunately, we don’t have a Galt’s Gulch to escape to. I’m not sure how we survive this and what the next few months hold, but we will survive and we will figure it out. From a personal standpoint, I do not intend to be productive and play Atlas to those who expect someone else to pay. Since we can’t make our government stop and reverse, as seen last night, we will do what we can to NOT contribute to a society that is now Europe 2.

We’ll all be thinking about our futures. Know this: there are still many of us aware of the country our founders built. I know we will do the right thing for ourselves and our kids and grandkids. Search for strength; this is going to be hard.

Erich Feigel

Chairman

About Broomfield GOP

Chairman of Broomfield County Republicans. (Colorado)

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

10 Responses to Galt’s Gulch

1. Tom Cave November 7, 2012 at 5:22 pm #

USA

RIP
    Born July 4, 1776
    Died November 6, 2012

2. Jake Darfler November 7, 2012 at 6:01 pm #

As there is no gulch to retreat to we are resigned to socialism.

3. Bob Marlowe November 7, 2012 at 6:06 pm #

An old female vocalist of the 1960’s, Julie London, sang a song that, in the context of decay, death and hopefully rebirth of America, I feel strongly this morning after the agony of last night’s defeat in the Presidential race: “I Cry a River Over You.”

My enthusiasm and hope for “fixing” America got impaled on the swords of marijuana, same sex marriage, and idealisms of the younger generation. Working as poll watchesr yesterday at The Chateux, Judith and I saw many in their late 20’s and early 30’s come in to vote, fervantly determined to vote the way their minds have been shaped and their spirits warped by toxic teachers.

What will emerge over the next 4 years is anyone’s guess.

But my hope and belief is that America is strong enough even to sustain the damage of another 4 years under Obama. Gridlock in Congress is a certainty, but look for another avalanche of “executive orders” (“end runs around Congress”) to be the normal order of the days. And God help our military men in women in harm’s way–under a drastically reduced military budget.

In about 2000 years before the birth of Christ, history records the 39 kings of ancient Israel; only 6 did what was right and wise in God’s eyes. All the others, and the people under them, were allowed to suffer the consequences of their sin during those inauspicious reigns..

We in 2012 are not exempt. We too will suffer. It is time to buckle down, realize that we are NOT living in the end times, but definitely in a time when there has been a significant paradigm shift. The old realities are going on intermission; what we now have is a different time of uncertainty. BUT We who claim to be Christian OR CLAIM TO BE RELIGIOUS/SPIRITUAL ACCORDING TO THE JUDEO-CHRISTIAN TRADITIONS, are born to a living hope. This rebirth lifts us out of the “America turning into Europe 2” into another dimension of space and time, of change and decay, of sin and defeat, and brings those of us who so allow into touch with eternity and eternal life in the here-and-now.

We as Christians are the chosen people of God–chosen for service to our fellow men and women. In a specific sense we are exiles of eternity, always committed to the upward way and the morality of our forefathers and foremothers and not to the malignant situation ethics of today. It is this “upward way” of service to others which is both our priceless privilege and our inescapable responsibility.

Let us remain prayerful, especially for our enemies in Washington, DC that would continue to do damage to our Constitution and to our true Bill of Rights.

In another 4 years, we will get another opportunity to elect another person who will be faithful to all that is holy and true, to all that is beautiful and wise. Perhaps by 2016 we will have suffered enough, experienced enough reversal of fortunes, to be educated to vote wisely and choose freedom versus the free stuff.

4. FRED MOORE November 7, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

SELF- ESTEEM IS THE INNER STRENGTH BATTERY THAT
    PROPELS US TO CONTRIBUTE AND SUCCEED.

EACH GOVERNMENT HAND-OUT DIMINISHES IT!

A REAL JOB BUILDS IT!

MAY EACH AMERICAN WHO VOTED “FOR THE LOVE
    OF COUNTRY” CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THEIR HEARTS AND
    “GIVE OTHERS A HAND-UP” FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS
    WHILE THOSE WHO “VOTED FOR REVENGE” PUSH
    FOR THEIR HAND-OUTS.

5. Brenda Connolly November 7, 2012 at 6:53 pm #

I have a “very wise old” grandson who voted for the first time in this election. He is in college in California. He posted

“God hasn’t forsaken us, he is just testing our strength to stand up for what we know.”

I love this kid. We must pray and keep fighting for what we believe. I just cannot accept that God will not help.

Obama’s policies will definitely not help this country. Eventually people will find out his world is not the utopia he presents. Keep praying, keep your chin up. My grandson cannot be the only young adult who thinks this way.

6. Steve Soller November 7, 2012 at 7:01 pm #

I once served a country for 20 years of my life. I did my best to protect it, and was willing to give my life for it. That nation died yesterday,

I took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. More importantly, I gave that oath to many others, ready to give all in that defense. Yesterday, that Constitution was shredded.

That country died; that Constitution is being destroyed. Just as marriage vows cease when a spouse dies, I no longer consider that oath valid. It was said for a different country, one that doesn’t exist any more.

Tom said it best above. I just add:

Obituary:

R.I.P. USA
    Born: July 4th, 1776
    Died: November 6th, 2012
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave

Birth Announcement:

Socialist ObamaNation
    Born: November 6th 2012
    Land of the Freeloaders, Home of the Handout.

7. Matthew Pohl November 7, 2012 at 7:51 pm #

My college daughter forwarded this as encouragement. Boy how I miss Reagan!

8. Don Beezley November 7, 2012 at 7:52 pm #

“These are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.” -Thomas Paine

9. Dave Walden November 7, 2012 at 9:43 pm #

I will be the first to acknowledge that based on my analysis, but perhaps more so on my hope, I had expected a different outcome of the election.

I had expected Romney to win with a sizeable plurality. I had expected the House to swing further toward the right, with an increased presence by Tea Party-backed candidates. I had expected gains in the Senate.

Instead Romney carried no swing states, the House and Senate remained largely as they were. Liberal/progressive values/thinking seemed to reassert itself in spite of unprecedented incompetence and malfeasance in the White House.

I expect the Republican Party is to undergo some rather radical changes. As I had mentioned to Dave Piggott, I thought that if Romney were to lose, he would be the last nominee of the traditional Republican establishment and its leadership. As Laura Ingraham remarked, if the Republicans cannot beat such a poor-performing President as Barrack Obama,, who might they ever be expected to beat?

Academia produces a steady stream of young liberals/progressives. Reality, sometimes speedily, but usually slowly over their subsequent years, tends to remove such educational fog from their lenses. For example, one cannot escape the age of virtually any gathering of Republicans.

If the Party wishes to attract them when they are much younger, then aided by the facts of human nature and the values we were bequeathed by our wise founders, it is going to have to embrace freedom – consistently, forcefully, and with rebuttal of any argument against it. To do so however, Republican leaders and candidates must understand the moral case for freedom not just the practical one. They will have to become capable of defending freedom in spite of the fact that some among us will always use their freedom in self-destructive ways.

This consistent message of freedom will always appeal to the young. What will not appeal to them is hypocrisy. For example: Victimless crimes should never be endorsed by a Republican. They carry the stench of hypocrisy when one also tries to make the case for freedom, and its inescapable corollary, responsibility.

The “good news,” if there is such news to be found in last night’s fiasco, is that Obama will preside over an increasingly dire situation. It will be under his “watch” that we will likely experience unprecedented economic pain. Had Romney won, then said pain would invariably be identified by the corrupt media and academia as having been caused by Capitalism. The fact that actual Capitalism has not existed in this country for over 100 years (if it ever did), and Romney is no more of a Capitalist than John Corzine, would not have stopped freedom from taking the fall for what will likely occur.

Eric, you have done a hell of a job as Chairman. Linda, so too have you. You should be proud, though I am certain you are both devastated by the turn of events.

As someone more wise than I once taught me, “it is not what happens to you that necessarily matters, it is of more importance what you choose to do in response”

Dave Walden

10. Stephen Larson November 7, 2012 at 10:33 pm #

Dave, your last comment is the best one on this entire page:

It is time to reload. The battle for Liberty begins anew TODAY.